I’ve decided to contribute a muesli slice that’s great for the kids lunchboxes or just for a snack. Its source is the Lisa McCune cookbook called “Hopscotch & Honey Joys”.
Lunchbox Muesli Bars
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 cup oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup self-raising flour
½ dried cranberries
5 chopped up dates
½ cup seeds & nuts such as almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, macadamias and pepitas
1/3 tiny choc bits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Line a baking tray (23 x 15 cm or similar) with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the mix to the baking tray and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When cooled, cut into your desired shape. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 16 finger bars.