- 1.5 cups of self raising flour
- 0.5 cup of oats
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 0.25 cup of grapeseed oil
- Maple syrup, natural yoghurt, blueberries and strawberries to serve with.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Add oats and chia seeds. Make a well in centre. Mix the eggs, milk, oil and mashed banana in a jug and pour into the well all at once, whisking to form a smooth batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set the batter aside to rest for 20 mins.
- Cook pancakes and top with maple syrup, berries and yoghurt.
Batter lasts for up to a week, may become a little thicker and darker because of banana and oats. Just add more skim milk to get a good consistency.