This is a recipe for Zoe’s Gran’s Banana Bread – Zoe says that it’s so simple and that she has made it that many times that it is done by memory now !
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
3. Add eggs and stir until combined. Add mashed bananas one at a time and mix well to combine between each addition.
4. Sift in flour and bicarbonate soda. Mix until combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake in over for 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Serve hot or cold with butter or margarine.
** Instead of mixing by hand a mix master works wonders – that way you don’t have to beat the eggs or mash the bananas! Makes a simple recipe even simpler.
Give it a whirl this weekend and let us know your thoughts!